Meet Mayi (Esther)!! The beautiful 4 year old!
So, about two weeks ago, God laid it on my heart to sponser one of the children from Canaan's Children's Home in Jinja, Uganda. I was really excited about this, because one, I have always wanted to give some of my money away to help a child in need, and two, what better way to do it then to sponser a child that I will actually get to meet this summer and hang out with. After much prayer, I went to the website and chose to sponser Mayi, a four year old little girl. Mayi's father died when she was little from a serious sickness. When he passed away, Mayi's mother was left with four small children to tend to. She was helpless and under very poor conditions. Because of this, Mayi lived a very unhappy life and was sought after by Canaan. To my surprise, a girl named Lauren who goes to UT went to Africa over Christmas break on a mission trip. She vistied Canaan and met Mayi. She has been able to tell me a little bit about her. The people at Canaan call Mayi, Esther. Such a great name. Lauren and I are hoping to get together sometime before the semester ends to talk about Canaan and all the great things there are to look forward to. God, bless Mayi and the sweet times we will share together. Continue to bless Canaan's ministry and all the wonderful children there! And thank you for allowing me the priviledge to go, learn from them, serve them, and show your love to them. If you would like to learn more information about Canaan's Children's Home, you can visit their website at http://www.canaanchildrenshome.org/ . Thank you all for the continuous prayers!
| My first letter to Mayi! |
Seriously so excited about this!! Praying for Mayi!!
ReplyDelete