"For to us, a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of his government
and peace there will be no end."
Isaiah 9:6-7
Peace. Such a refreshing word. I cannot even comprehend the fact that I will be in Uganda in 9 days. The Lord's timing is crazy. It seems like yesterday, I was sitting in my room on January 1, 2012 writing down my dreams for 2012. Some that consists of becoming a young life leader, getting into nursing school, and loving on orphans in Uganda. I love that the passions God places on my heart, He fulfills. Watching him work in my life is one of the most incredible feelings in the world. And, I am so excited to continue to watch what is next. If you have read my previous posts, then you know all the amazing things God did through my last trip to Uganda, and then how He once again led my heart to submit to His will, and say "Yes, I will go. I will follow you." Although, this seems as though it is a scary leap, my heart is craving to jump right in. Yes, there will be hard times. Yes, I will have moments where I am emotionally and physically drained and long to be home. And yes, my Father will continue to sustain me.
I am entirely overwhelmed at all that God has done since I returned home August 1, 2012. When I announced that I would be returning again, the encouragement flooded in. When doubts arose, God was quick to reassure me that His voice is guiding me. Lauren and I had been praying for ways that we could raise support. We have this dream of starting a non-profit organization. So, like any other dream, you have to start somewhere. We came up with just a simple name. Love Africa 127. It is simple because what we do there is quite simple. We love. We love like Christ loves us. James 1:27 says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." This is our mission. To run after God. To love orphans and those in need. And, to be covered in the truth of His Word. So, hence began Love Africa 127. We made a facebook page and designed T-shirts and began getting the word out to our family and friends. The response we got was incredible. So, thank you to all who have contributed in this. Your support means the world to us, and I pray that God greatly blesses each of you.
The next thing God placed on our hearts to plan was a Love Africa worship night. We had planned to do this in Knoxville, because Lauren's brother is in a band there, and they would be playing for us, and we were also going to be able to have it at Lauren's church. This night was so PEACEful. We spent the evening worshiping our Savior and then we were able to share our stories. I could feel the Spirit in the room, and I was so delighted to sense His presence there. Now, if you really knew me....then you would know that I HATE speaking in front of people. It makes me extremely nervous. So, when I found out that we were going to get up there and share our experiences, I felt like my heart was going to stop. I was scared and insecure. When the time came, we got up there and both shared how God brought us to go and what He did while we were there. The Lord completely was the one speaking through me. I was able to go on and on and I don't even know how. God is faithful. It was one of the coolest feelings. Because, it went so well, I really felt like God was telling me to do one in Johnson City. We had another great night in JC, and once again the Lord's presence really showed up.
Although, at this moment, I feel overwhelmed by all I have to do to get ready to leave, I am reminding myself to be still and rest in God's peace. A peace that was promised to us years ago. A peace that comes from a child born on a still, silent night from a virgin that through Him, one day, we would all be rescued. When I think about the Christmas story, I am in awe that God came down to earth in flesh as baby to save me. To deliver me to be able to have a personal relationship with Him. God entered our messy world to make a way. Because of God's grace, on December 26th, I will leave and enter Uganda once again, and proclaim the name of Jesus to children who are fatherless. I will love them like Jesus loves me, and I will surrender my will for God to lead where He chooses.
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom he is well pleased." Luke 2:14
If you would like more information on Love Africa 127, visit our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/loveafrica127 and to order a t-shirt go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoveAfrica127
Here is a video of us telling our stories:
No comments:
Post a Comment