Well, I have been home for 5 days now. It is crazy how fast it all has gone by. I have found myself thinking a lot about my time back in Uganda and just reflecting on how good God is and how honored I feel that He has provided for me every step of the way to go there twice and hopefully many more times to come. These past five days have been hard. It's always difficult to adjust, and I have had some weird sickness that causes me to only feel ill at night. I started nursing school, which you can imagine overwhelmed me almost to tears, but I am excited. To get places in life, you have to work hard, and I know that this will lead me to great things and where God wants me.
The big question that everyone asks is, "how was it?" I always laugh inside because this question is not simple. The more I have thought about this, I have found my answer, but is it what I thought it would be when I started planning my trip back? No, not at all. My answer is...it was hard. Really hard. But, I think that's okay. The other day I was talking to someone about it, and I said...It was hard, but you know you're in the right place when it isn't easy. And, I fully believe this. I think God calls us to be uncomfortable. To be challenged and to be pushed. It's not easy to go to a third world country and serve those around you. It's not easy to live life completely differently than how you have lived. It's not easy to walk with Jesus. But, it's rewarding, and it's the greatest gift in the world.
Listening to stories from my missionary friends in Uganda and experiencing some of it myself makes me have so much respect for people who truly give up their lives to follow Jesus. My friend, Bob, told us not just anybody can go over seas and serve. It is a big sacrifice. This got me thinking and is very true. I am so thankful for the missionaries we have all over the world risking their lives so others can come to know this great Love that we have. I only pray that if this is God's future for me, that I would be just as bold and courageous.
Reflection.
My time in Uganda was not easy. My time back at home is not easy. But, life is good. God is good. Laughter is loud. Friendship is near. And, love is present. Wherever you are, enjoy life. Fellowship with God and others. Accept the challenges. They make us who we are. They draw us closer to Him. And, don't be afraid to go to hard places. Don't fear needing God. Embrace it.
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment