Meet Damalie.
An amazing woman after God's heart.
I was so encouraged by her faith and understanding of God's will in her life.
 |
| You can see the love she has for these babies. |
 |
| This is Damalie with one of the twins, Sara. |
 |
| And this is her with the other twin, Semily. |
 |
| I wanted to bring her home with me. Not sure if my parents would be too thrilled about that one ;) |
 |
| Love her joy. |
 |
| I was so blessed to have met her. She truly touched my life and was such an encouragement. |
Damalie has loved babies ever since she was a little girl. She told us that she used to love playing with the babies in her community. She would even sneak out of her house to go help with the babies, and then she would come home and get spanked for going to play with them. She bacame a nanny for a little girl. She loved this little girl like her own. While working for the family, the little girl got sick and died. Damalie explained that she didn't understand why God would take a little girl so dear to her. She said God told her, "You are not God. You do not know the number of days one lives." Through her faith in the Lord, she was able to get through this. She met this lady who became her mentor. She became very close to her. This lady died and Damalie once again questioned God. She said God told her once again, "You are not God. You do not know the number of days one lives." As she got older, she felt God calling her to open her home to abandoned and sick babies. Her and her husband have five children of their own. While we were there, she had 13 babies in the home. She has a few women to help her during the day, but she told me at night it is just her. I can't imagine how she does it! Thankfully, recently someone was hired to help her some at night. A lot of the babies are sick. Some are HIV positive, some are carriers, some have TB, and some were just abandoned. Damalie's strength is incredible. She really touched my heart. She was telling me that she was hoping to adopt all the babies out eventually and I jokingly asked her if she could adopt me. I would love to work beside her. One thing she said really stuck with me. A lot of these babies are really sick and will live short lives. Her response to this is, "Either I nurse them back to health on Earth or nurse them to health in glory." How awesome is this answer? She trust that God is in complete control. She explained that it is very expensive to care for this many babies, but that God always provides day by day. What an incredible God we serve! I hope to go back to Sangaalo Baby Home and work with Damalie at some point. I would love to be a witness to all that God is doing in her life. One of our team members received an email from her the other day that really encouraged me. This is it:
Dear Friends,
I hope all is well with you. Sorry I havent been in touch. Alot has
been going on. Jenni has TB. At the same time their dad came to visit
and wanted them back. Probation said yes, so we have been on that too.
Besides my brother is in the hospital, had a biopsy and waiting for
results.Please pray with me that it isnt cancer.
We have a baby boy 2 days old. His mother is 17 years and doesnt want
anything to do with him. She tried to kill him in the house after
birth and the neighbours rescued him. She didnt say who the father is.
You can imagine the World we are in.
Thank God who used a friend of Sangaalo to help me be able to hire
someone to help me at night. It would be too much for me. It just
happened at the right time. God is amazing.
Am also expecting 2 more a 3 month and 14 month. I guess thats how it
is and always will be, they come and go accordirg to the will of God
and to the best interest of the child according to Probation. I can
only be with them for the time Gof purposes. Please continue praying
for us. I try to keep the number down, but what would Jesus do?
We had a VO team on Monday and we thank God who blessed us through
them. God met some more of the physical needs through them. We now
have a washing machine, just happy and grateful. Glory to Him
Thank you for your prayers. Together we are ministering Love
Blessings
Damalie
No comments:
Post a Comment