Background

Friday, July 27, 2012

Blessed

I am a testimony that we serve an incredible God who answers prayer. When I woke up this morning, I couldn't believe it when I did not feel an inch of achiness or sickness. I thought I was dreaming. But thankfully I was not and God is so incredible. Today was probably the most emotional day we've had. Our team split up into two teams and each spent half a day at sangaalo baby home and half the day at Akisa. My team went to the baby home and whew! My heart exploded! I love little babies. I have always been a baby person... Well really I just love kids. Sometimes I feel as though I would just rather be around children more than adults all day long. But anyways, the babies were so sweet. The home is run by this incredible woman named Demily. I have never met a stronger woman in my life. I wish I could type out her story but I am afraid it would be way too long. She is so faithful. She felt God calling her towards babies as a young girl and eventually felt God calling her to open up her home to babies who needed care. In the home now are 13 babies plus her children. She says her calling is to either nurse these babies back to health or to health in glory. Amazing. I just fell in love with these two twin babies named Sara and Semily. Theyre mother has hiv and will die soon so she left them with their father who abandoned them bc of fear that they might have it too. How one could abandon those bundles of joy is beyond my belief. They had the cutest Afros and sweetest smiles. I didn't know it was possible to fall in love with so many children but after this trip, my list is long! I know without a doubt now, that I will adopt one day and I encourage everyone to consider it. To know how much I have in comparison to what They have makes me want to share all of my blessings. I now feel like God allows some to have more so that can overflow that into the lives of others. I saw a statistic once that said that if 6% of all the people in the world who claim to be Christians adopted one child, every orphan would be cared for. 6%. I could preach about that for hours but just a little food for thought. After the baby home we went to Akisa which is a disabled children's home. This was extremely hard. It hits how blessed you are to be healthy an well. And to think I was complaining a stomach bug 24 hours ago. What was so special about these children is their joy. This one little boy had an inflamed head full of fluid from swelling of the brain but his smile and laugh was adorable. Everything I would say he would repeat with a huge grin. To see so many kids not be able to walk, not be able to talk, not be able to feed themselves is hard but I am reminded of the verse that says, "I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." God does not make mistakes when He creates His children. These children are special and most certainly not hopeless. Their earthly bodies may be disabled but they will be perfect in Heaven one day and I look forward to walk with my little Isaiah and all those other sweet little children one day in Heaven. We ended the night at our final destination before heading home on Tuesday at Canaan's Children's Home. I met my sponsor child tonight along with many other new friends. There will be great stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment