I can't believe it has been a year since my family, The Speropulos', journeyed on our first cruise together to the Bahamas, St Maarten, and St Thomas. It was quite the experience. Anyone who has ever been around our family would know that we talk a lot, are super loud, there is always atleast 10 things going on at once, constant laughter, never a dull moment, typical debate going on, and more than likely where we are, there is food. One, because we're greek and two, because we like to eat. haha Recently, I made a photo book for my family from the trip. I couldn't help but to laugh the whole time because I was reminiscing on all the funny moments. I found myself writing this post one, so I can remember these stories, and two, they are HILARIOUS. And, who doesn't like a good laugh? And, if you know our family, I think you will find these thoroughly enjoyable.
Here we go.... some "fam favorites" as I like to call them:
- So pretty much, we're always dancing. It's awesome.
- When we made our first stop in the Bahamas, we "punked" my mom. She had to go back on the ship and get something, and while she did we all kinda disappeared so she wouldn't know where we were. She figured it out fast and we jumped out and yelled "got ya!"...It was probably the worst punk ever.
- Our first night on the ship, Abigail, Nic, and I found this really neat room where no one else was, so we were dancing and just being goofy. We kept telling Nic he was a good dancer. So, Nic decided to enter a dance contest later that night....needless to say, he came in second. Pretty impressive. But, the only quirk was...it was out of two people. We're still very proud. ;)
- Our family plays a lot of games. Usually, card games like Rook, Hand and Foot, or Spoons, but we threw in some different ones this time. We played Mafia. Which is where you have two killers, and everyone else tries to figure out who the murderers are while they are killing off different people. That was fun. But, my favorite was Assassins. We started playing one night and how it works is everyone draws a name out of a hat. The purpose is to be the last man standing. Whosever name you draw you have to kill them. Now, in order to kill them you have to be alone with that person with noone else in the family around and you make eye contact with them and wink. When you do that, they are dead. We did have safe zones. Anytime you are in one of our rooms, you are safe.
So, some funny stories from this game:
*I had John's name. I went and knocked on his door in the morning before breakfast and asked if he was ready to go to breakfast. I was actually kinda stupid because he caught on right away. He would not leave his room until Abigail came out too. So, we three walked to the elevator to go to breakfast. As the elevator stopped at a floor, I shoved Abigail out of the door. In doing this, John immediately got me in a head lock and we wrestled pretty much the whole elevator ride and then preceded to run out and chase each other to the family table. The funny part is there were people in the elevator just staring at us. They probably thought we were insane. Needless to say, I did not kill him bc at that point on, he knew I was his killer and would not be anywhere with me alone.
* Yaya had Jess' name and was very sneaky about it. She saw Jess go get breakfast so she got up and went and tricked Jess into helping her and then winked at her. Clever Yaya...using your grandmother smarts.
*FAVORITE WINK: It came down to the bottom two as Abigail and John. Abigail went to go get some ice cream while we were playing cards on the deck. John gets up a few minutes later. Abigail soon realizes what is happening and takes off running. John then chases her around the lido deck screaming "STOP THAT GIRL! SHE STOLE MY WALLET!" We were all laughing and crying for alteast ten minutes. It was so funny!
- When we stopped in St. Thomas, we decided to go this beach all day and hang out. We went kayaking, scuba diving, splashed a lot, dunked a lot, had chicken fights, etc. It was such a great day of being together.
- Our ship had this water slide that we all went and did one day. We all gethered around and cracked up at each other screaming and making expressions coming out of the slide.
-They had trivia some days on deck. Our family played the movie trivia game and won. We received a trophy which we refer to as the "family trophy" and later presented it to Yaya and Papoo. On the cruise news, they talked about that greek, loud family that is having lots of fun. Yep, thats us.
- Papoo and John thought it would be funny to get tattoos....well, henna tats that is. But, Papoo got a lion on his back. Aslan? The picture does all the explaining.
- We all got matching t shirts on our final night to take pictures in. I couldn't help but to laugh inside because I had always thought those families with the matching t shirts were ridiculous... o well we joined the club.
- Yaya might kill me for this one.....but we all got a good laugh when Papoo told us this story. Yaya went out on the her balcony once naked to see what it would feel like to be in the open naked in the middle of the ocean. Although noone saw, we later noticed a camera at the top of the ceiling. oops. yaya you blessed someone ;) just kidding. But, still Yaya was just embracing her nakedness while she could. haha
This trip was so much fun. You know your family is awesome when you would rather hang with them over anyone else.
-Hannah accidently stole a bracelet. Don't worry, it was returned.
-Yaya's wheelchair always make for an enjoyable time.
-Room servive at one in the morning. Nothing like being able to just make a phone call and request for a pb&j and cookies and milk.
Truly Blessed.
Just a little insight to us.


haha love that video :))
ReplyDelete